This week's La-La Land's Weekly Wednesday Challenge is to create a gift card holder. There are so many different interpretations of a gift card holder. I wanted to make something simple so that I can just throw one together when the occasion calls for it. After researching through the Internet, I found this tutorial from Tori Wild (Wild Sprinkles) that is very simple and fun to make.
Below is my entry:
Front of card holder
The pink cardstock is from Bazzil. The double-sided designer paper is from My Mind's Eye Abbey Road collection. The cute girl on the "belly band" is Window LaLa, colored with the following Copic colors:
E00, E33, E35, R20, RV32, G94, W1
The "belly band" was punched with my Martha Stewart scallop punch.
The sentiment is from Hero Arts and was stamped first with Versa Color Petal Pink ink and then I went over the sentiment with At You Spica blossom pen.
Inside of card holder
I used the same designer paper as the front of the card. I added some pink woven ribbon from May Arts to the left side of the card. The buttons are from Basic Grey and the pink twine is from May Arts.
The sentiment is from Hero Arts and was inked again with Versa Color Petal pink and cut using my Nestabilities small circle and circle scallop. I also added some sparkle to the sentiment with my Sakura glitter pen.
Thanks for stopping by!
Hugs,














8 comments:
What a cute gift card holder! And your coloring is amazing! Lala is so pretty!
Thank you so much for playing with us at La-La Land!
oh cute! I love this slant pocket idea! I've used it for tags before but this is great for the gift card! thanks for sharing and joining the La-la land crafts challenge this week!
Pam Going Postal
Very CUTE Alicia!!! Love the band with Lala!! Thank you so much for playing along at La-La Land Crafts Weekly Challenge!!
Hugs!!
:) Irina
Very cute card holder, Alicia! Glad you posted the link to the tutorial... will have to give this one a try! Lala looks fabulous... coloring is very pretty! Thank you for joining our gift card holder challenge at La-La Land Crafts! ~ jane
I love it!!!
Awww, what a CUTIE!! Love your LaLa and love this design for a GC holder! Thanks so much for playing along with us at LaLa Land Crafts *Ü*
How sweet! Window La La looks so adorable! Thanks so much for playing along with us at La La Land Crafts!
So cute - love the colors and papers! Thanks for joining us at La-La's Weekly Wednesday Challenge!
Post a Comment