Friday, August 14, 2009

Two challenges into one - Penny Black Saturday Challenge and Copic Colour Challenge

Finally got time to complete my entry this week. Another two challenges in one for Penny Black Saturday challenge and Copic Colour Challenge. This week, Penny Black's challenge was a sketch developed by one of the DT members. Below is the sketch and Copic Colour's challenge colors for the week:

Here is my entry:




I definitely have been in a Christmas mood. :) My last card was also Christmas themed.

The cardstock is from my stash. The background paper is from Imaginise called polar expressions (two-sided). The scroll pink border is from Queen and Company. The felt poinsettias, leaves and gemstones are from Hero Arts. I used Penny Black's Holly Day critters for the critter and sentiment. I did use two the Copic Colour challenge colors. I came close to the olive and used G94 (grayish olive). I broke down and got the Copic Air brushing system ABS-1 and used BG09 to color the background of the critter. Love the air brushing system, don't know why I didn't get one a long time ago! I also used the At You Spica gold pen to highlight the hat and also added dots to the Nestabilities petitie oval scallop. I used the petitie oval to cut the critter.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great card
Thanks for joining in the CCC.
Hope to see you next week

Shell x

Adele said...

Nothing wrong with being in a Christmas mood-think of how organised you will be.

Great card- thank you for playing along.

Dingle.x