Saturday, November 28, 2009

A Simple Kind of Recipe

This week’s La-La Land Crafts challenge is to use a "3-2-1 recipe." I find recipes to be a great challenge! This one gave me a good opportunity to go through all my paper crafting supplies to use what I have on hand.

The 3-2-1 recipe was created by Maureen Wong, one of the Design Team Members for La-La Land Crafts. The recipe goes like this:

3 designer papers
2 colors of cardstock
1 type of embellishment

Below is my entry:

Front of card




Inside of card


Unfortunately my camera died and still trying to figure out my husband's sophisticated camera so my pictures may be a little off.

The red and black cardstock is from my stash. The designer papers are from SEI. Window La-La was colored with the following Copic colors:

E00, R59, G94, RV32, E33, E35, and the colorless blender

Window La-La was cut using my Nestabilities small scallop square and small square die-cuts.I added some sparkle to the scallop square using my Sakura glitter pen. The black swirl ribbon is from Queen and Company. The blue woven ribbon is from May Arts. The pearls are from my stash. The sentiment inside the card is from Hero Arts.

Thanks for stopping by!

Hugs,


8 comments:

Elena said...

Beautiful card! I love the pretty flourishes you added to the card!
Thank you so much for playing with us this week at La-La Land!

Kristine said...

WOW! Look at all those elegant scrolly embellies!! =) LOVE this cute window LaLa. You did an excellent job here! Thanks so much for playing along with us in LaLa Land!!

debby4000 said...

Hi you're won my candy, please e-mail me. My e-mail address is on my side bar. I'm afraid if I haven't heard from you by Wednesday I shall draw the candy again.
luv
Debby

Anonymous said...

GOrgeous card Alicia!! I just love that scroll ribbon and your addition of pearls is just beautiful!! So pretty!!
Thanks so much for playing along in the challenge at La La Land!
:)Kathy

Jane Izumi Matsumoto said...

Beautiful, Alicia!! That ribbon is gorgeous! Love the pearls! Thank you for joining us every week at La-La Land Crafts! xx Jane

Unknown said...

Hi, Alicia! Awesome card! Love the flourishes! Thanks so much for playing along with us at La La Land Crafts!

Irina Blount said...

CUTE, CUTE, CUTE!!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at La-La Land Crafts!
Hugs!!
:) Irina

Maureen said...

So pretty - love all the swirls and pearls! Congrats on making Top 3 and thanks for playing with us at La-La's Weekly Wednesday Challenge!